It’s crazy to think one year ago exactly, after months of preparation (and some nerves), I launched The Curve Confessions – with no idea of what to expect. And now here we are, a year later, and my wildest dreams about the blog have been completely blown out of the water. So I couldn’t help but to capture this past year’s memories, take some cheesy photos, and talk about what’s to come.
Looking back, I’ve had some major wins that I can’t help but freak out about, like a few of my Instagram posts being recognized by supermodel Denise Bidot (we’re besties now), Ashley Graham liking a comment I left on her Instagram (still trying to get her to become a fan of the CC), and not to mention the countless inspiring and meaningful conversations with friends, family, and those I don’t even know, about the impact my blog is having on them. I probably didn’t do everything that happened this year justice, but let’s just call that the highlight reel – holy smokes.
But behind all the 32 blog posts, thousands of page views, my (small) band of blog and social media followers, and the countless hours of (fun) work I’ve put into this – what means the most is the overwhelming support I’ve felt. I went out on a limb with this concept, revealed personal stories and hard times, and showed you all my true self through my writing. And to feel like that’s being recognized, even if it’s my small band of followers, is exceeding all expectations I could have ever had.
When I created the blog, a friend asked me, “What’s one thing you want out of this?” I responded, “Honestly, if it makes a difference in one person’s life and helps them in some way, that’s all I really want.” Fortunately I can come out of this year confident that I’ve achieved this – and that alone keeps me motivated as ever to continue (other than the fact that I friggin love it).
But the confidence this blog has given me extends even further than that. This past year, I feel like I’ve grown even more in-tune with myself, my body, and find my confidence continually growing. I don’t think I realized how much I’d feel a part of the body image movement when I started this blog – and though I’m no Ashley Graham, I feel like my words have power. And because of that, I’m taking every opportunity I can to promote my message of self love, body positivity, and empowerment. I also now feel like I really embody what I’m saying in my blog – and it’s an exciting feeling to be behind something I feel so strongly about (and have struggled with very personally).
I’m going to end this sappy post with my goals and thoughts for this next year of The Curve Confessions:
1. Get Ashley Graham to follow me/like my s*** (don’t mind me, I’ll just be continuing to stalk her this year)
2. More fashion, please! I’ve been loving the photoshoots I’ve done, and want to show you more of my style. This year, I’m planning to do just that.
3. Also want to show more of the daily life – what I’m eating, workouts, etc. – a friend suggested this to me and I think it’s a great idea. Though I’m not celeb status (clearly), the blog’s all about a healthy and happy life, so might as well let you all into mine more!
4. But as much as I know you all love me, I am definitely going to keep it going with The Curve Confessionals! I love hearing other people’s stories and can’t wait to continue interviewing people this year.
5. YouTube channel or podcasting, anyone? I’ve been noodling on these ideas for a while, and this year might just be the year.
That’s what I’ve got for now – all of my other ideas will typically come at late hours of the night – and I’ll be sure to write them down in my notebook per usual. 🙂
Thanks to all of my supporters, near and far, for making this one of the most incredible years of my life. The Curve Confessions has absolutely changed my life for the better, and I can’t wait to keep it going! So much love for all of you. Xoxo